- Majored in English, Theatre and Education at the University of Kansas. Earned a Masters Degree in Educational Arts
- Married in 1967 to a really humorous, highly intelligent former Green Beret. We’ve lasted for 55 years. Our joke is that they have been two of the best years of our lives—but not consecutive!
- After a few years off to make babies (three awesome daughters), I returned to teaching, then in middle school where I taught Communications, Creative Writing and Performance in addition to directing the school musicals.
- Received multi-year recognition in Who’s Who among American Educators.
- In addition to teaching, served for 37 years as a Board Member for an Institutional Review Board that approved human drug studies.